Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Holidays

I just have been bursting at the seams today because it is November and I love this time of year! I really think I love every time of year...but for now I'm just soo excited that it's the holidays! Here is a list of my reasons for loving November, December and January 1st (notice after January 1st....I would love for the snow to disappear and jump forward to spring. :)

1. In the past few years I have had a few jobs...and normally this time of year meant that I had to work around the holidays so I wasn't fully able to enjoy this time with my family and friends. This is my second year at my current position and one of the perks of working for the school district but not working at a school is that I get "float days" which are days that the district is closed, but we are not so I get another day off inste
ad. I have a total of 5 float days in December plus since Christmas is on a Sunday this year I get the Friday before and Monday after off as well. So in December I will get the Thursday and Friday off for 3 out of the 5 weeks. Then I also get the day after New Years off. This is also during a time that Luke won't have school so it will be lots of winter and Christmas fun!

2. I love my family! I love spending time with them and just chatting until the wee hours of the morning. I feel like even though we all get stressed with presents and money and plans around this time of year, once it actually goes through an
d we are just chatting...it's just fun. We've talked about renting a cabin for Christmas Eve before and I just think that would be a blast! This pic is of me and Luke in 2008 at my mom's on Christmas Eve...we had already been married for 2 years and yes we look like we are twelve, yes Luke's hair is ridiculously long, and yes it got even longer before he cut it ;)

3. This year I have been doing a budget for the past few months and actually have money set aside to get Luke some presents and some for him to get me some of course! It's not a lot, but at least I can plan ahead and order stuff online and have it sent to the office and get better deals and not have his little nosy face poking around the packages that are being delivered.

4. Temple Square. We always love to get some hot cocoa and walk around and get cute pictures of us all bundled up. Whether you are religious or not...all of Salt Lake goes there at some point in their lives! We also love walking around the gateway and having so much fun walking around with hot cocoa.

5. Last, but not least is the snow! I love playing out in the snow, I also love shoveling the snow! I have been snowboarding a few times since I me
t Luke (yes I went the first 18 years of my life never even being in the resort during winter time and it's less than a half an hour from my house). But the last couple of years it's been hard because I was out of shape and my snow clothes just didn't fit right. So, I'm ready to take on that bunny hill this year and have some fun!

What is your favorite part of this holiday season?


2 comments:

  1. My favorite is when the snow is still clean and sparkling...that is until I have to go out in it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is bundling up with hoodies and blankets and watching a movie or whatever. Just being with family and close friends makes me happy. I also LOVE Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete