Friday, October 28, 2011

Losing While Gaining

So, as I mentioned before I am currently doing Weight Watchers, and I am loving it! I love it because, it simply isn't just a diet..I have learned how to change my habits, learn to love healthy food, learn that I can still have treats, and that I love exercising! Fridays are my weigh in days, so I probably will end up talking a lot about those on Fridays on this blog. I just do Weight Watchers online so I weigh in at home and log it online.

I am excited to say that I have lost 9.6 lbs since August 5th, but most of it being since the beginning of September. I lost .8 lbs at my weigh in this morning meaning that I have lost more than 5% of my beginning weight. :)

But, more than just losing pounds, I have gained a lot in the last couple of months. I have gained control over my eating habits, I have gained more confidence, which makes me a happier person. I have gained a lot of knowledge on what healthy weight loss is, I have gained the ability to run, and I have gained so much wisdom from all my friends I have met through the Weight Watchers community. I have also been losing inches and gaining a larger wardrobe simply by being able to fit in clothes I haven't for quite a while.

Anyway, I have a goal weight that I would like to reach by next summer, and I am determined to get there and stay there. I have to thank Luke for a lot of what I have been able to do, he is like my own personal trainer and little angel on my shoulder warning me of the obstacles that could come in my way. We went to Disneyland for 3 days and I still weighed in that Friday while we were in California, and I stayed the same that week! That is a huge accomplishment for me since I normally would use a vacation as an excuse to go crazy. I was also able to walk around the parks for more than 10 hours a day for 3 days plus walking a little over a mile to and from the hotel every day.

I just thought I'd share some of my accomplishments with you, because I am feeling pretty good today! Plus, it's FRIDAY! I hope you all have a great weekend. :)

1 comment: