Wednesday, November 16, 2011

John Luke Beckstead

Of course I choose to talk about my love first...sorry sisters and parents, but he comes first. :) I have known Luke for 6 years now but I feel like it's been a lifetime. Here is a brief history on us...

I started working at Target in August of 2005 after I graduated high school as an operator in the fitting room. I know, sounds weird right? Well, I was introduced to Luke through the person training me and thought he was the neatest kid I have ever met. He was gentlemen, he complimented me, he made me laugh, he was nice to everyone (mainly the girls even though he denies it) and he really was very dedicated to his job. I hung out a couple of times with him and his friends (Jordan if you are reading this I am talking about you ;) ) He took me on our first official date in January of 2006. He told me to dress up really nice, so I asked what he meant by that and he said formal...but he wouldn't tell me what we were doing. So, I dug out a prom dress that I loved and got all dressed up for this secret date. He showed up on my doorstep with the prettiest lilies I have ever seen (and the first flowers I have ever received from a guy) in a tux. He still wouldn't tell me where we were going...we drove to the Hilton downtown where a carriage picked us up and took us to the jazz game! It was such a fun time and it was so thoughtful of him because he included so many things that I had talked about. The only thing he didn't think about was how we would get back to the Hilton after the game..so we walked ha ha. Our next big date was when he dressed up in a full penguin costume and picked me up for Valentines day. He was so nice while I paraded him to all of my sisters house before we went to dinner and a movie while he stayed in his costume the whole time. I knew this was the man I loved and wanted to marry! He asked me in May 2006 and we were married on October 6, 2006. It was the best day of my life and I will always cherish the special friendship that we have.

Luke knows me better then I think anyone else does, even my closest family. He has seen me at my ugliest and he has seen me at my prettiest. He has celebrated victories with me and he has mourned with me. We have had our struggles, our fights and our battles...but they never last long. We always go to sleep with a kiss and kind words...never angry. He loves his family with all of his heart and I can't wait to start our own family to raise. He is more than supportive in everything I decide to do and he is currently my own personal trainer when it comes to becoming a healthier me.

He is a super quiet, keep to himself type of person that a lot of people don't know how crazy he can be. Our idea of a perfect night is cuddling up on the couch and watching TV shows...Law and Order, Seinfeld, Office or Parks and Rec are some of our favorites. He doesn't talk a lot, but when he does he really means it and so it's important to listen so you don't miss it :)

I don't know what I would do without him in my life and I look forward to the many years we have together. I love you Lucas!

1 comment:

  1. I am reading this! Haha. I still think I have the photo of him in the penguin costume, I remember how nervous he was to do that! He was so sweet! I love that I've known you guys since before you liked each other!

    ReplyDelete