Friday, December 9, 2011

Slowly. Surely. Becoming. a. RUNNER! :)

Okay, so I really will eventually continue my tributes...but I am just so stinkin proud of myself I had to share with everyone. So, on October 25th I wrote a blog on my Weight Watchers account that I planned on becoming a runner. That day I did the following workout....
5 minute warm-up
3 minutes "jogging" at a 3.5
2 minutes walking at a 3.0
For a total of 25 minutes
Then I walked 20 minutes at a steep incline.
I normally workout for 45 minutes while I watch Law and Order Criminal Intent to keep my mind occupied on something other than the run I am doing.

This morning I woke up and weighed in and had a small gain. Instead of letting it get to me I decided to take my frustrations out on my new friend...the treadmill. I did the following workout...
5 minute warm up walking at a 3.5
3 minutes running at a 5.0
2 minutes walking at a 3.5
10 minutes running at a 4.5
2 minutes walking at a 3.5
3 minutes running at a 5.0
2 minutes walking at a 3.5
10 minutes running at a 4.5
2 minutes walking at a 3.5
1 minute running at a 6.0
Total Time: 45 minutes Total Distance: 3.26 minutes Total Calories Burned: 490 calories

I know this isn't extremely fast especially to all of those runners out there, but it is the fastest I have ever run and the longest run I have ever run at one time. I feel it happening...slowly but surely but I feel that I am going to become a runner. I ran in the 5k last Memorial Day in Woods Cross and it took me over 50 minutes. My goal is to do that same 5k this Memorial Day in less than 35 minutes (Luke says 30 minutes). I'll keep you updated :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Natalie :) I'm proud of you and actually a little jealous haha. I've never been a runner, I need to learn from your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete